Saturday, November 5, 2011

Fall Soccer 2011


This year when I went to sign Davin up for soccer, the price had gone up again. It is so frustrating to pay $80 for 8 weeks of soccer for a 4 yr old. So, me being me (and for lots of other reasons) decided that I was going to start my own soccer league. I was able to get permission from my HOA and had some friends that backed me up. At first, it was a slow start.  I created a blog with all of the info (www.neighborhoodsoccerleague.blogspot.com) and opened registration.
 It took about a month and then KAPOW! At 64 kids, I closed registration and started a waiting list for next season. We were able to run the league for $32/player. The league was such a success and so much fun. It was amazing getting to know neighbors. The kids received jerseys (Adidas too), soccer socks, trophies and picture packets. The volunteer coaches, assistant coaches and team moms were wonderful!
Davin has no idea that I started this for him and his friends but I know he had fun! Bryan was able to coach Davin's team and as with everything, did an amazing job.

No comments:

Post a Comment